GEM Seller Services
The seller or service provider means any legal entity that sells its goods or renders services to the buyers registered on the GeM portal. The following legal entities can register as sellers on the GeM portal:
- Proprietorship firm.
- Partnership firm.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP).
- Private and public limited company.
- Society registered under the Societies Act.
- Statutory bodies.
The seller can be an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) or an entity having the authorisation to sell products manufactured by the OEM in the open market. OEM means the owner of the branded or trademarked products offered to sale on the portal or the product’s actual manufacturer when they do not have a brand or trademark.
The following persons are considered as OEM and can sell products on the GeM portal:
- Brand owners and third party manufacturing.
- Importer and authorised sellers.
- Service provider.
Once the sellers register on the GeM portal, they should list their products or services under the specified categories. They need to deliver the product to the consignee when an order is received by entering its details on the portal.
After the order is delivered, the consignee will inspect the product and issue acceptance or rejection online. When the consignee accepts the order, he/she will generate the Consignee Receipt and Acceptance Certificate (CRAC). After issuing the CRAC, the buyer will process the bill and forward it to the paying authority. The payment will be made within ten days of the generation of CRAC.
Registration of a Seller on the GeM Portal
The prerequisites for seller registration are:
- Aadhaar number linked with the mobile number or PAN number.
- Email ID.
- PAN number of the business.
- Registration certificate of the business.
- CIN (Corporate Identification Number), in the case of private/public limited company.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) details for the last three years.
- Billing address with GSTIN number.
- Bank account number and IFSC code.
GEM ADVANTAGES FOR SELLER
- Direct access to all Government departments.
- One stop shop for marketing with minimal efforts.
- One stop shop for bids / reverse auction on products / services.
- New Product Suggestion facility available to Sellers.
- Dynamic pricing: Price can be changed based on market conditions.
- Seller friendly dashboard for selling and monitoring of supplies and payments.
- Consistent and uniform purchase procedures.