GEM Buyer Services
Who can register on GeM as a Buyer
- The following organisations can register on the GeM portal as buyers and are authorised to make procurement through the GeM portal:
- Central Government.
- State government ministries.
- State government departments, including its subordinate offices.
- Central and state autonomous bodies.
- Central and state PSUs and local bodies.
The following government officers/head of offices can register their organisation as primary users on the GeM portal:
- Any officer of
- Central Government.
- State government.
- Public Sector Units (PSU).
- Autonomous bodies, local bodies, constitutional bodies, or statutory bodies at the deputy secretary of government level.
- Head of the office at sub-centre, unit, or branch.
The primary users are responsible for registering their organisations on the GeM portal, but they cannot participate in the procurement. They need to create user accounts for the secondary users, assign them roles and responsibilities and supervise all secondary users transactions on the portal.
The secondary users are the buyers for the procurement of the organisation. However, a primary user can be a consignee to receive a service/product. The secondary users are officials responsible for procurement on the GeM portal, including receipt of stores, placement of contracts, payment to the sellers, etc.
The primary user can give the secondary users the role of a buyer, consignee, Drawing and Disbursing Officer (DDO), paying authority, etc. The buyer is the official responsible for processing procurement transactions till the order placement stage. The consignee will be the secondary user responsible for accepting the goods procured and certifying receipt in the buyer organisation.
Registration of a Buyers on the GeM Portal
The prerequisites for primary user registration are:
- Aadhaar number of the primary user.
- A mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Email IDs hosted by National Informatics Centre (NIC). Only the NIC registered email IDs can register on the GeM portal, i.e. official email ID.
GEM ADVANTAGES FOR BUYER
- Rich listing of products for individual categories of Goods/Services
- Search, Compare, Select and Buy facility
- Buying Goods and Services online, as and when required.
- Transparent and ease of buying
- Continuous vendor rating system
- User-friendly dash board for Buying and monitoring supplies and payments
- Easy Return policy